Principled Leadership has the following principles representing actions that leaders need to take to transform their organizations into outcome and value focused organizations serving clients' and employees' needs:
- Leaders communicate a shared vision - decisively.
- Leaders confront problems directly and candidly
- Leaders centralize by mission and decentralize by operations.
- Leaders create an organizational culture that identifies and tries to live by key values.
- Leaders create an organizational structure and culture that empowers their employees and themselves.
- Leaders ensure that staff are trained in a human technology that can translate vision into reality.
- Leaders relate constructively to employees.
- Leaders access and use information to make change a constant ingredient of their organization.
- Leaders build their organization around exemplary performers.